Benefiting the membership and our businesses is a core value of the National Association of Women Business Owners – Memphis Chapter and is outlined in our mission statement.
NAWBO has over 80 chapters around the United States and international affiliations through Les Femmes Chefs d’Entreprises Mondiales (FCEM). Your network increases beyond Memphis’s border when you participate in events such as Public Policy Days in Sacramento and Washington DC and the NAWBO annual meeting and conference.
NAWBO-Memphis provides NO-COST advertising to it’s members!
Through your paid NAWBO membership, advertising for your business is now available at no cost through our new e-newsletter NAWBO Matters. This is a benefit of $600 annually ($50 a month). This will be published using Constant Contact and distributed by email twice a month, beginning October 15th. NAWBO Matters will be shared using social media, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIN. As a paid NAWBO member, if you would like a specific ad included, please forward in PDF format to NitaBlack@MAPMomentum.com . Your standard listing in NAWBO Matters will include your logo and link to your website. Please forward any specific information and a copy of your logo to be included in NAWBO Matters.
As a NAWBO Memphis member, you will receive program and other information via the NAWBO Memphis newsletter from our President. To begin receiving this correspondence, please go to www.NAWBOMemphis.org and click on the pink box on the Home page to be added to our email distribution. As a NAWBO Memphis member, you will also receive emails from time to time from MAP Momentum regarding contract, educational, and networking opportunities. NAWBO Memphis monthly programs are typically the second Tuesday of each month.
Serving on the NAWBO Memphis board can provide numerous additional opportunities to NAWBO paid members. Currently NAWBO has representation through our board, including Greater Memphis Chamber, EDGE, Minority Business Development Oversight Commission (City of Memphis MBDOC), and MLGW Advisory Board. The NAWBO Memphis board currently includes a liaison with MORE (Memphis Office of Resource & Enterprise at the City of Memphis) and WBENC/WBEC South (Women Business Enterprise National Council, which is an affiliate partner of national NAWBO). As a NAWBO member, if you would like to serve on the NAWBO Memphis board, please contact us via our Contact Us form.
NAWBO is the only women’s advocacy organization with the mission to propel women entrepreneurs into economic, social, and political spheres of power.
NAWBO-Memphis provides Networking Opportunities
- Form alliances with members to do business
- Monthly meetings
- Informal small group luncheons
- Committee membership
- Receive benefits and discounts from local and national Corporate Partners and Affiliate Partners
- Access to an international business network through affiliation with the World Association of Women Entrepreneurs (FCEM) and The International Alliance for Women (TIAW)
- Meet new friends and have FUN!
NAWBO-Memphis provides Resources, Information, and Education
- Connection with national NAWBO directors, administration and website
- Educational and motivational programming at monthly meetings
- Seminars offered by corporate partners
- Special member registration rates to NAWBO-sponsored events
- E-mail notification of important upcoming local, state, and national events, public policy updates, and other news
- Website with business articles, NAWBO resources/updates, links to members and Corporate Partners
- NAWBO Institute for Entrepreneurial Development, an educational training program for women entrepreneurs
- Develop leadership skills through opportunities to be involved on your local board and committees
- Learn from other women business owners their secrets to success
- Gain access to procurement opportunities with our chapter Corporate Partners
- Online community of women business owners for special interest groups, vendor or joint venture searches, and help forums
NAWBO-Memphis provides Marketing and PR Exposure for your business
- Tell your community what’s new with your business through Member News page on our website
- Be recognized by your peers through local business leadership awards